Popular Front of India, Karnataka state SGA held at Freedom Community Hall, Mittur on 11th and 12th Janaury 2014. Abdul Vahid Sait presided over the assembly. General Secretary Abdul Khadar presented report on the activities of the organization for past one year. Later a deep discussion was held on the report and current situation of the state.
Resolutions passed in the meeting:
– Some anti social communal elements are active in the state to create communal riots foreseeing next loksabha election. Provocative speeches and statements of sangh parivar, frequent moral policing by sangh parivar organization in coastal area are some instances. Popular Front urges that government should take steps against all anti social elements which try to break the society in communal lines.
– As per Right to Education Act, private education institutions must provide 25% reservation for poor and backward children. However most of private instituations have violated government rule. Government should ensure that all institutions are implementing right to education act. Popular Front urges that government should take action against the institutions which violates the law.
– Last BJP government had filed many fake cases against farmers, minorities and dalits. Government should revoke all the cases immediatly.
– The black laws like UAPA have spoiled the life of Hundreds of innocent youths especially Muslims accross the country. In Karnataka also, many innocent youths have been framed under these draconian law. Popular Front of India demands that government should revoke all such cases.
– More than 400 young girls from Belthangady have disappeared or died misteriously from last one decade. Popular Front demands that government should investigate these cases and give justice for victim families.
– Popular Front also demand that govenrment should take all measures to get targeted communal violance (prevention) bill passed before loksabha election.