The State Executive Council of Popular Front of India was convened on May 21 and 22 at Kadayanallur, Tirunelveli. State President A.S.Ismail presided over the meet. State General Secretary A. Khalid Mohamed, State Vice-president M.Mohamed Shaik Ansari, Secretaries J. Mohamed Raseen and S. Illyas, Treasurer A. Ahamed Faisal and all the executive council members attended the meet. The following resolutions were passed at the executive council.
1. The State Executive Council vehemently condemned the invitation extended to Sri Lankan President Mahinda Rajapakse, who was responsible for the massacre of thousands of Tamils, for the swearing-in ceremony of Prime Minister Narendra Modi. Such decisions which are taken without taking into consideration of the sentiments of the Tamils, shows the double standards of the BJP, which boasts of striving for the welfare of the Tamils.
2. Popular Front of India welcomes the recent historic judgement of the Supreme Court to increase the height of Mullaiperiyar dam to 142 feet. The judgement should be implemented impartially considering the welfare of the people and the nation.
3. The communal BJP has won the recent parliamentary elections and the Gujarat genocide fame Narendra Modi is ready to occupy the Prime Minister’s chair. Though the BJP has come to power, it has the support of only 39% of the population and its clear that the rest 69% are against the Government. At this juncture, the nationalists of the nation should come together to protect the secularism, democratic setup and the unity in diversity philosophy of our country.
4. Popular Front of India has decided to plant saplings and create awareness on environment protection on June 5, on account of World Environment Day.
5. Education has become commercial and people have to spend lakhs of rupees to get a good education. The Governments should strive to provide quality education to the ordinary citizens. Laws should be enacted to control the exorbitant education fees. The Central and State Governments should provide free education in the medical and engineering fields to the deserving students.
A. Khalid Mohamed
State General Secretary
Popular Front of India